We are all committed to providing the highest possible quality of service to our patients. If at any time, you feel that the standard of care you have received has been deficient in any way, we would very much like to hear about it so that we can prevent any recurrence.
In general, we would summarise your rights as a patient of this practice as follows
- To be treated courteously and with respect at all times.
- To be seen by staff who are well-trained and up to date in their practice.
- To have all options with regard to the medical management of your problem fully explained to you and to be able to contribute as much as you wish towards making decisions on that management.
- To have the right to ask for a specialist opinion on your condition.
- To be seen for routine problems within 48 hours, for urgent problems on the same day and emergency problems immediately
With rights, however, come responsibilities. These are summarised below:
- To treat all members of staff courteously.
- To attend for all appointments and to let us know at the earliest opportunity if you are going to be unable to do so.
- To not ask for “urgent” appointments which are minor or longstanding.
- To ask for repeat prescriptions in plenty of time – with at least 48 hours notice.